Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hello Fishie

When I was still in primary school, I used to beg my mum to take me to Swensen's, for ice cream. It was a seasonal treat y'know, like every quarter of the year if i did get band one for all my subjects or something. There was nothing like Ice Cream Chefs, or Udders, or Island Creamery, or Marble Slab, or Gelatino, or O'divino and.. the list never ends here in 2011. lol this makes me feel like I sound really old and lived through an era with nothing but swensen's.. (I'm not saying that they are all good, but you had to try them in order to tell if you would go back again or not.) Today if you still pay Swensen's a visit, there's this fantabulous deal (or maybe not)


Take note: it's only applicable from the 11th to 13th of April


Is it good? I don't know. I wish I could tell you I were one of those food bloggers that goes around tasting every single restaurant's food, making critical remarks or giving praise, from that restaurant's parsley and peanuts to the most divine of coke drizzled T-bone steaks.


But no, i'm not. You'll have to taste it for yourself. It's $17.50 if you wanna give it a try. And it's for 2 fish things.


Honestly, I wouldn't try it. Swensen's food is not bad actually, but barrumundi isn't the tastiest fish you'd eat. I eat lots of it at home, since my bro goes to this man-made fish pond called Kyoto Haven i think, and he kind of likes deluding himself hauling up barramundis which are plentiful there. Nah, that would be so mean to say. There are fish in Singapore waters, but it's rare to fish something big, so if you like the fight barrumundis give, search Kyoto Haven at pasir ris and find your way there for some play.

The safest fish places i really like are Long John's for fast food and Manhattan's Fish Market which is reallyy good, especially if you have a little more cash on hand. Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment